[horde] Migrating data from old version to new version

dhottinger@harrisonburg.k12.va.us dhottinger at harrisonburg.k12.va.us
Fri Dec 8 14:09:12 PST 2006

There is an upgrade script for some of the mysql databases included in
each one of the components.  I just started going through the same
thing.  What I have done, is installed the new version on another
server, have users login to the old version, do an export of address
books, calendars, notes (just take defaults on all) then import the
resulting .csv files into the new version.  My next step is to move
this data over to a new mail server when it comes in.  Dont know if
this helps, but I couldnt think of another way.

Quoting Laura McCord <mccordl at southwestern.edu>:

> I started testing the new version of Horde and all of it's components.
> We are currently using Horde version 2.4.2. Is there a good way to
> migrate user's address book, preferences, calendar events, etc.... to
> the new version of Horde?
>
> Thanks,
>  Laura

Dwayne Hottinger