[horde] Thoughts about migration etc

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Tue Jan 9 01:13:13 PST 2007

Hi..
I'm migrating from an old version to Horde 3.1, and I'm about to use a
new database as well.
My "problem" is that I thought I'd make a small SQL script to update the
users preferences in the import process (or after), at least before
putting the new server online.

I use dedicated DB for logins, that's easy and works fine. However, that
DB also includes the e-mail addresses and users full names, and it's not
under Horde's control.

So, I browsed the Horde DB and found those settings in the horde_prefs
table.

Now I would like to insert things like real name and e-mail address into
that table, those things are stored in another DB..

Can someone please explain the structure, or even suggest a small how-to
for importing these things into the Horde DB?
--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting