[horde] Cannot add any permission

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Jan 16 10:26:20 PST 2007

Hello,

I had written:

On 2007-01-02, Jan Schneider has written:
> Use Horde 3.1.3 where this has been fixed.

Thank you, Jan; that remark has saved my day! In spite of the open
questions (cf. infra), I have managed to render Turba's user inter-
face much more consistent and intuitive (e. g., Turba will no more
offer the user to modify our shop's e-mail directory, which can
only be searched).

Now, the question is: Where are the various permissions documented?
There is no such thing as a help text, and I have no idea where else
to look.

E. g.,
- what does "show" mean? (There is also a "read" permission;
   what is the difference?)
- Who is the "creator"? (Contrary to my expectations, I had to
   grant all authenticated users read/write access to the personal
   address books (dubbed »localsql«), so apparently no  user is
   considerered the creator of his own personal address book.)
   rights«, i. e. these apply if no individual rights apply to
   a particular session. Is that conjecture correct?
- Apparently, revoking all rights for a user, or a group, will
   remove that user or group entirely from the data tree, effectively
   granting default rights to them. Is that observation correct?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz