[horde] Installing Horde without shell access

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Thu Jan 18 00:22:20 PST 2007

Hi Chuck,

I exactly followed the instructions of horde/docs/INSTALL. Calling of
http://your-server/horde/test.php shows no errors, just three warnings:

# MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No
The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below) will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
# memcached Support (memcache): No
The memcache PECL module is needed only if you are using the memcached SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
# MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): No
The fileinfo PECL module (see above) or the mime_magic PHP extension will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.

But afterwards, calling:

http://your-server/horde/

leads to an error

Notice: Undefined index: log in myserver/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 49
Ein schwerer Fehler ist aufgetreten:
You must configure a DataTree backend to use Shares.
[Zeile 104 von myserver/horde/lib/Horde/Share.php]