[horde] WG: Re: Help setting up passwd authentication

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jan 18 15:16:25 PST 2007

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von maarten at mulders.nl-web.net -----
      Datum: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 23:21:28 +0100
        Von: "Maarten Th. Mulders" <maarten at mulders.nl-web.net>
Antwort an: maarten at mulders.nl-web.net
    Betreff: Re: [horde] Help setting up passwd authentication
         An: jan at horde.org

Dear Mr. Schneider,

I hope you do not mind me mailing you in such a direct manner. I was
trying to have my Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0 authenticate
against the system accounts. My system uses a shadow-file to store the
passwords.
I found your contribution to this problem at [1]. But I actually do not
see the solution. Is there a way to authenticate against password/shadow
files? Or should I find another way to sync between Horde and system users?

Many thanks in advance,

Maarten Th. Mulders
Rotterdam, the Netherlands