[horde] horde configuration problems

Allan Hessenflow allanh-horde at kallisti.com
Sun Jan 21 22:09:29 PST 2007

I'm trying to install horde and am having a problem configuring it.  I
installed it and copied all of the config/*.dist files into their base
names, and confirmed that horde/test.php thinks everything is okay.

Using the web based setup, in the general tab for horde, I left all of
the fields at their initial settings since they all look reasonable
and pushed the "Generate Horde Configuration" button.  This responds
with "There was an error in the configuration form. Perhaps you left
out a required field."  However all of the fields have what I think
are reasonable values; only the temporary directory field is blank
(and I did try putting in a directory name there too, with and without
quotes).  None of the tabs besides general do anything.

Is there a way to get some more information out of it about what went
failed?

I'm running horde 3.1.3, php 5.1.6-pl6-gentoo, and apache 2.0.58-r2.

allan

Allan N. Hessenflow      allanh at kallisti.com