[horde] Feedback on installation and saying Thank You

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 22 09:49:21 PST 2007

Zitat von Andreas Bauer <list-horde at voltage.de>:

>  - point out more clearly in the documentation (e.g. INSTALL document)
> how authentication is (default via IMP) and can be configured. My
> misconception was that all settings are configured via browser and
> therefore the first login gets authenticated against passwd / PAM ... It
> was not until finding a hint on the website that I provided the IMAP
> server information et voilá.

There is a big Note block in INSTALL that tells you to provide a valid
IMAP user name for logging in as an admin. There is also a hint
further down that refers to servers.php for changing IMAP settings.
Any concrete suggestions how to further improve these are welcome.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/