[horde] runaway httpd processes?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 29 12:46:43 PST 2007

Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, Dominaux, Craig C wrote:
>
>> We are having the same issue here but haven't been able to isolate the
>> problem.
>>
>> In the interim we setup a cron job to run every 10 minutes to search for
>> any HTTPD processes that have been running over 10 minutes and kill the
>> process.
>> Most of our httpd processes kill themselves off before 2 minutes.

There have been several changes made to Horde/IMP lately that has
tackled some possible causes of these processess.  This includes
better memory usage when looping through large data structures,
improvements to SQL queries (most notably in DataTree), and limiting
users from performing certain activities - like viewing text messages
that are extremely large - that would otherwise cripple a system
serving multiple simultaneous users.

However, you will need to use HEAD to see these changes/fixes.

michael