[horde] runaway httpd processes?

Dominaux, Craig C CCDominaux at cbe.ab.ca
Mon Jan 29 13:40:33 PST 2007

I've had this issue now for 6 months and only in production, as I can't generate enough traffic or replicate the same issues in test.

So I made 3 live changes to production with Apache / PHP.

Originally I used the apache / php that came from REDHAT but memory utilization was at least 5 - 10 MB higher in each httpd process than what is currently in production and still had runaway httpd processes.

We have used Apache 2.0.59 with PHP 4.4.4 again with runaway httpd processes as well as a high comsumption of cached memory.

Like Kevin I will be waiting for the next release of Horde that will hopefully repair these issues.

Currently the bulk of 10,000 logins a day is between 8:00AM - 4:30pm.
We have A user base of 102,000 users.