[horde] DB Error: connect failed

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 5 03:52:04 PST 2007

 Hi all,

 I have installed Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0 on a RHEL3 server will all
 the latest software components (httpd-2.2.4, libmcrypt-2.5.7, libxml2-2.6.27,
 mysql-5.0.33, php-5.2.0). While the horde test pages work fine, I cannot
 connect to horde

A fatal error has occurred
DB Error: connect failed
Details have been logged for the administrator.

 /tmp/horde.log:
=Access denied for user 'horde'@'localhost' (using password: YES)] ** Array [on
line 1624 of "/usr/local/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

 I _think_ the problem is that the setup script didn't create a horde user
 in mysql - "SELECT Host, User FROM mysql.user;" only shows the anymous and
 root user (if that is the correct command). How can I fix this?

 Thanks!