[horde] Horde 3.1, memcache sessionhandler, sidebar, and flock()

Chris Stromsoe cbs at cts.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 16 11:40:49 PST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Chris Stromsoe <cbs at cts.ucla.edu>:
>
>>> Please try this set of changes:
>>>
>>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/cvs/Week-of-Mon-20070122/064958.html
>>>
>>> That should directly address a lot of what you've been seeing.
>>
>> I was just getting ready to backport the changes to stable so that I
>> could do a direct comparison, but it looks like they've been reverted
>> due to a syncml issue.  Is that something that affects other datatree
>> applications, or just syncml?  If it's syncml only, I'll finish with
>> the backport, otherwise I'll wait to test.  Thanks.
>
> I'm not aware of anyone who found issues with non-syncml uses, and I
> didn't see any ill effects myself. I'm still trying to find time to
> analyze the syncing problems.

Thanks.

I'm using the changes with stable horde on a test server, and it does seem
to solve the timing issue I was previously seeing.  Initial login no
longer stalls or times out trying to create the calendar, tasklist, or
notepad.  After removing the split readd/write database bits, the rest of
the changes applied fairly cleanly.

-Chris