[horde] Horde - Inline Text and Characters

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Feb 19 03:10:25 PST 2007

Hallo Talha CELIK,

you wrote:
> After the opening of a message, I can not see the body text (inline text).
> I see only some zip links for saving or opening the message text.
>   1 adlandirilmamis (unnamed) [application/octet-stream] 3,39 KB

An application/octet-stream type attachment cannot be displayed, inline.
You have to download it, and feed it to the pertinent application.
Beware: Also executable programs are labelled as application/octet-stream,
and "opening" those, in Windows, means to run them on your computer;
this is how most malware (such as trojans, worms, and viruses)
enter unsuspecting users' computers.

An inline text rather should be labelled as text/plain. If this is
really a plain text attachment, the sender's MUA is not complying
with the pertinent Internet standards, so the sender should replace
it with a better one, e. g. Imp, or Mozilla Thunderbird.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz