[horde] cookies

Kevin Conley kevinconley at northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 20 21:10:52 PST 2007

Thanks for answering but which one would i track for LBing? Horde?

The main issue is that i can't seem to get another sessionhandler working. I
tried memcache and get errors (see previous email) and then i tried using the
mysql db that i was already using for pref on the localhost and i get these errors:

horde.log:

Feb 20 23:03:07 HORDE [error] [imp] Error writing session data [on line 144 of
"/var/www/html/horde/lib/Horde/SessionHandler/mysql.php"]

apache.log:

[Tue Feb 20 23:03:08 2007] [notice] child pid 26124 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

And sessionhandler table is type InnoDB.

Do you have any idea why i can't get any other sessionhandler to work other the
the basic php file-based?

I'm getting very frustrated here as if i can't another sessionhandler method
working i have to figure out wich cookie value to use as the "sticky" for the
LoadBalancer. And thus the motivation of this question.

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Kevin Conley <kevinconley at northwestern.edu>:
>
>> What are the purpose of the 3 cookies:
>>
>> Horde
>
> Session key.
>
>> imp_key
>
> Encryption key for IMP's session credentials.
>
>> auth_key
>
> Encryption key for Horde's password credentials.
>
> The latter two are not strong encryption since the cookie could still be
> intercepted, but it means that you need _both_ access to the session
> store and a user's cookies to get their password, etc.
>
> -chuck
>
> --"we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris
> --Horde mailing list - Join the hunt: http://horde.org/bounties/#horde

Kevin Conley
Technology Support Services
Northwestern University