[horde] forcing logouts?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Feb 26 14:05:53 PST 2007

Zitat von Kevin Konowalec <webadmin at ualberta.ca>:

> So I was hoping it would be possible to prevent users from
> navigating away from horde (in the window the user logged into horde
> in) or shutting down the browser without logging out.  Has anyone
> looked into doing something similar?  I'm sure I could go through
> and add a chunk of javascript to every page as a footer that would
> accomplish this but if there's a better/more elegant solution I'd
> love to know about it.

If they are shutting down the browser, the browser session is lost
which is almost as safe as loggin out. At least if cookies are turned
on, but you have forced to use cookies, don't you?
If this is not sufficient, you can configure the cookies to time out
after a while, instead of when closing the browser. But that doesn't
help is someone is accessing the same computer directly after the
first user left.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/