[horde] Bizarre issue with Horde/Turba

Laura McCord mccordl at southwestern.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:28:53 PST 2007

We have been experiencing a strange issue with adding to the address
book via 'little book icon' next to recipient/sender in the inbox.

Let me first briefly explain the default setting/configuration. We have
an LDAP directory that allows user to search and import the information
into the address. We also have the default 'My Address Book' that is
connected to our mysql database.

In our 'Options' for mail in the Address book we have 'Save recipients
automatically to the default address book?' unchecked and down at the
bottom we have 'My Address Book' chosen under 'Choose the address book
to use when adding addresses'.

It seems very random however, sometimes it tries to add addresses in the
LDAP address book directory where no one has privileges to add entries.
Yet, sometimes it works perfectly and sends it to the 'My Address Book'
in the mysql database where it supposed to be.

It's very weird that we can't spot nor trace the problem.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
 Laura