[horde] Horde in server without IMAP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Mar 7 03:49:51 UTC 2007

>> Another proplem I had, was running scripts/setup.php. After googling for any
>> hours, I discovered that I have to compile PHP with "--with-cli".
>
> PHP is always compiled with CLI by default.

True... but if you build PHP as a FastCGI binary then PHP by default
will install the FastCGI binary only.  In this situation, what you
have to do (at least what I do) is install the fast cgi module, rename
it, and then run 'make install-cli' which will then install the CGI
module as 'php'.

Don't know if he is using FastCGI or not, but the assumption that the
PHP CLI is installed/available by default is not always correct
(FastCGI works from the command line, but it does have several
differences from the CLI version that cause it to fail on most CLI php
scripts).

michael