[horde] reminders.php and from_addr

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Mar 27 16:56:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Otto Stolz wrote:

> Hello Andrew Morgan,
>
> you wrote:
>> As part of the new calendaring features, I'm testing reminders.php for
>> email reminders.  It appears that a user must have a From address
>> configured in their Identity.  However, I have locked that preference
>> because I do not want my users to be able to set their From address.
>
> If there is a preference to lock, you should also be able to write a
> hook for that preference. In your case, that hook could either pull
> the name from some database, or derive it, algorithmically, from the
> log-in uid and the current e-mail domain.

I've tried this in a simple way for just my own account.  However,
reminders.php does not appear to be calling the hook in it's processing
because it still gets a null email address for me.

Thinking about reminders further, I'm not sure that I want to send email
reminders anyways.  My users would have to login to webmail anyways in
order to read their email and see their reminder!  I wonder, is there a
way to have the user get a pop-up or notification within webmail, when
their reminder is due?

It seems like running a check for reminders on every page load could be
incredibly intensive though.  :(

Thoughts?

 	Andy