[horde] What is horde_histories for?

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Mar 29 10:53:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

this question is about Horde 3.1.3 + Imp 4.1.3 + Turba 2.1.3,
with a MySQL backend for both preferencies and data-tree:
When I roll out the production version,
- which MySQL tables should I copy from the old Horde 2.2
   + IMP 3.2 + Turba 1.2,
- which MySQL tables should I copy from the Horde 3.1 +
   Imp 4.1 + Turba 2.1 beta-test version,
- and which MySQL tables should I just leave in their
   pristine state?

I think, I should
- let horde_categories, horde_tokens, horde_users and horde_vfs
   alone, as they are not used in my configuration (they are empty,
   in the beta-test installation),
- let horde_sessionhandler empty, because the new production
   version of Horde will build up its own session data,
- copy horde_datatree, horde_datatree_attributes, and
   horde_datatree_seq from the beta-test installation, because
   the Horde Data-Tree contains configuration data (mostly
   access rights),
- copy horde_prefs and turba_objects from the old production
   version (complying with the various caveats from docs/UPGRADING),
   because they contain the users' preferences and private
   address books, respectively.

Correct, so far?

But what about horde_histories and horde_histories_seq?

Apparently, these tables keep track of modifications to both
horde and turba data, probaly the horde data-tree and the
private addressbooks. Right?

Now, will Horde, and Turba work without these history data,
so I can just drop them? Or will I have to carry them over?
(If so, I would have to copy the entries pertinent to Horde
data from the beta-test installation, and the entries per-
taining to Turba data from the old production installation.)

Thank you for any enlightenment.

Best wishes,
    Otto Stolz