[horde] loading pref in preauth hook

Kevin Conley kevinconley at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 29 21:27:53 UTC 2007

I created a mail protocol pref so a user can dynamically choose their mail
server protocol instead of having it statically set in servers.php or as a
dropdown list on the login page.

Currently in the preauth hook I am just doing a raw SELECT mysql call to get
this preference as the global pref variable is not set before a user logs in.

However, I think I can save a db connection by instead of just doing the raw sql
call I can initialize the $pref global singleton. Therefore, after auth the sql
call will not be needed when HORDE goes to load create the pref singleton as normal.

I have tried to do this in the preauth hook but can't seem to get it to work -
any ideas of the syntax of this call?

Thanks - any help would be greatly appreciated!

--
Kevin Conley
Northwestern University