[horde] Error retrieving session data

Bas Benschop b.benschop at tnw.utwente.nl
Tue Apr 10 20:39:51 UTC 2007

> Zitat von Bas Benschop <b.benschop at tnw.utwente.nl>:
>
>> Good evening,
>>
>> I suddenly have a login problem with my horde/imp configuration.
>> It worked fine for a few weeks but suddenly nobody can login anymore.
>> Autentication is done via IMP with a IMAP server.
>> The horde log states:
>>
>> Apr 06 22:34:17 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for bas [145.99.205.245]
>> to {kwark.tnw.utwente.nl:143} [on line 152 of
>> "/usr/share/horde3/imp/redirect.php"]
>> Apr 06 22:35:09 HORDE [error] [horde] Error retrieving session data (id =
>> 15b68126e80b6a7e0b3e358977830bfd) [on line 110 of
>> "/usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/SessionHandler/mysql.php"]
>> Apr 06 22:36:00 HORDE [error] [horde] Error writing session data [on line
>> 144 of "/usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/SessionHandler/mysql.php"]
>> Apr 06 22:36:51 HORDE [error] [horde] Error retrieving session data (id =
>> 15b68126e80b6a7e0b3e358977830bfd) [on line 110 of
>> "/usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/SessionHandler/mysql.php"]
>
> Try logging the actual error message from MySQL in the session
> handler. Got to that line in SessionHandler/mysql.php and add a
> Horde::logMessage() call that logs the result of mysql_error().
>
> Jan.

It works again, but I did not find the problem.
First I thougt the problem could be caused by the fact that the MySQL server
was on another server running MySQL 4.1 while the client used 5.2.
So I dumped the database and loaded it on the Horde server. During this load
I got another error:
ERROROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table 'horde_sessionhandler' (errno: 121)
I removed the session handler records from the dump file and loaded again.
The original error remained and the delay of about two minutes before
the left pane was updated.
After that I recreated the database from zero, using the install scripts from
the distribution. Still the same error and delay.
Then I took the original horde conf.php file and ran the setup again.
I now selected the default php session handling using files. The error
was gone
but the delay remained. The main screen was working now but everithing
took about two minutes.
This morning I removed turba from the system and all problems were gone.
I can't see the reaseon but I will look into this at a later time.

Regards, Bas.