[horde] horde/apache hangs when home directory has greater than 2GB data

Steven Marzec steven.marzec at bme.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 24 16:37:25 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Steven Marzec <steven.marzec at bme.gatech.edu>:
>
>> I've noticed that horde/apache hangs when a users home directory
>> contains more than 2GB of data. Horde hangs on that particular user's
>> login with the httpd/apache process consuming 100% cpu. Users with home
>> directories containing less than 2GB of data seem to work fine with horde.
>>
>> System Details:
>> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0.1
>> RHEL 4 AS (x86_64)
>> MySQL backend
>>
>> Any suggestions on resolving this possible issue would be welcome.
>
> This has nothing to do with Horde. Some process on your server,
> probably the imap daemon, is probably hitting some system limit.
>
> Jan.

Is there a way I can set Horde to use a predefined IMAP folder such as
~/mail instead of the base home directory and possibly get around the
problem I'm encountering?

On an older version of horde I could set a line in
horde/imp/config/servers.php to

'folders' => 'mail/',

but I'm not sure where to configure that option in the latest version.

Thanks,
Steven