[horde] Frameword Horde in horde.tar.gz

Paul Huygen paul.huygen at huygen.nl
Thu May 10 10:33:41 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Sébastien Abeilhou <sebastien.abeilhou <at> ac-toulouse.fr>:
>
> > Hi,
> > i try to install SyncML capabilities on my horde plateform.
> >
> > With a tar.gz installation of the latest versions of Horde, imp, turba,
> > kronolith syncML doesn't work.
> >
> > With a cvs installation, it's ok.
> >
> > So, my question...
> >
> > I'm looking in the cvs repository.
> > There is a channel "framework", which contains files that i can find in the
> > lib folder of Horde CVS.
> >
> > In all tar.gz files, i don't find any of these files.
> >
> > Where can i find files of the framework CVS folder
> > (http://cvs.horde.org/framework/) in tar.gz.
> > What is the aim of thses files ?
>
> How did you know that synching works with CVS HEAD if you didn't even
> find the framework module?
> Anyway, read docs/INSTALL.

I must confess, that I too found the HEAD installation procedure confusing. The
text in horde/docs/INSTALL suggests that the horde-tarball from the snapshot is
all you need to create a working version of horde (given the correct
infrastructure on the server), whereas in fact you need a framework tarball as
well.
 I suggest text like as follows to be included in docs/INSTALL:
(in two places, from line 99 and line 480, following "mv horde-x.y.z horde")

cd horde
tar -xzf /path/to/framework-x-y-z.tgz
cd framework
php -q install-packages.php