[horde] Upgrade from 2.2.3 to 3.1.4

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Thu May 10 15:10:03 UTC 2007

Big Wave Dave wrote:
> All,
>
> I have searched horde.org and google, but have been unable to find
> instructions for uprading from Horde 2.2.x to 3.x.  I currently have a
> very old Horde+IMP install:
> * Horde: 2.2.3
> * IMP: 3.2.1
> * Turba: 1.1
> * Kronolith: 1.1
> * Mnemo: 1.1
> I'm in the process of moving everything to a new machine and
> refreshing all software installations.  I downloaded Horde Webmail
> edition 1.0.1 which has versions:
> * Horde: 3.1.4
> * Imp: H3 (4.1.4)
> * Ingo: H3 (1.1.3)
> * Kronolith: H3 (2.1.5)
> * Mnemo: H3 (2.1.1)
> * Nag: H3 (2.1.3)
> * Turba: H3 (2.1.4)
>
> What is the best method for upgrading, and retaining information such
> as addressbook's?  The little documentation I've found seems to
> indicate you install over the top of your current version... and
> update the config files.  This seems like an odd method to me, for
> such a huge jump in versions.  Any guidance, links, or input is
> appreciated!

Look in docs/UPGRADING . For example in horde/docs/UPGRADING

Upgrading Horde from 2.x to 3.0.x
=================================

Configuration files
-------------------

The configuration files have been changed to XML format.  To generate a
valid
configuration file from the XML file, follow the configuration instructions
in the applications' ``docs/INSTALL`` file.

Preferences
-----------

The ``last_login`` and ``date_format`` preferences have changed their format
and/or scope.  Just remove all ``last_login`` and ``date_format``
preferences
from the preferences backend.

SQL Backends

A few new tables have been added to Horde.

Execute the provided SQL script to update your data to the new Horde
version::

    mysql --user=root --password=<MySQL-root-password> <db name> <
scripts/upgrades/2.2_to_3.0.mysql.sql