[horde] Need IMAP and LDAP/misc. Recommendations

Vadim Pushkin wiskbroom at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 12:39:25 UTC 2007

Dear Brother Horder's;

I am extremely please with Horde and now I wishes to take it to do more,
plus to get rid of somethings that are pestering me much.

1.  I've used two different IMAP servers, one, dovecat, took forever to log
me in because it had to re-index all of the directories and files contained
within my home directory.  The one that I am currently using, Cyrus I
believe, shows all of my home-dir files as well, none of which are email
related.

Can someone please recommend an imap server that is fast and can be managed
via vilma?

2.  So far, the only addressbook that I have is the default sql based one.
I am considering adding some additional, yet currently avaialble, features
to Horde, perhaps Kolab, perhaps something else. I am not against
installing, so as to learn, an ldap based solution.

Thanks!

.vp