[horde] Groupware Webmail edition -install problem/ PHP CLI?

John Murtari jmurtari at thebook.com
Wed May 16 14:37:10 UTC 2007

Folks,

> Have now tried installing to virtually an identical live server
> (same version of PHP, mySQL etc) and getting one irritating problem.

> When I go to run the setup script by ./scripts/setup.php at the
> console, it just sits there.... nothing gets returned.

http://www.nabble.com/Groupware-Webmail-edition--install-problem-tf3660507.html

The recommended fix for this was to run the CLI version of PHP,
instead of the cgi version that is also built.

I'm seeing the same thing on a RHEL 4 system, we do build our own PHP
and I enabled CLI, looked like it built it, but the setup.php still
just hangs?  I sure can see this as a very common problem and it stops
you cold in the install process without so much as an error message.
I was very lucky to find this thread on Google.

I didn't see anything on the Horde site on this, do you have any
definite workaround?  Our PHP was built with the stuff below and it
did create a 'php' executable in sapi/cli -- that still did not work?

Many thanks!

./configure  \
--enable-static \
--disable-shared \
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql \
--with-gd \
--with-system-regex=yes \
--enable-debug=no \
--enable-track-vars \
--enable-versioning \
--enable-trans-sid \
--enable-sockets \
--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc/httpd/conf \
--with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-png-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib \
--with-ming \
--with-apxs=/usr/local/etc/httpd/bin/apxs \
--with-expat \
--with-xmlrpc \
--enable-xslt \
--with-xslt-sablot \
--enable-exif \
--enable-ftp  \
--with-curl \
--enable-dbase \
--with-imap=/usr/local/etc/imap-2004a \
--with-gettext \
--enable-mbstring=all \
--with-mhash=/export/tools/apache/php/ext/mhash \
--with-dom \
--with-iconv \
--enable-mbregex \
--enable-cli \
--with-mime-magic=/usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/magic.default

--
                                          John