[horde] Customizing horde view to remove stuff

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 25 14:10:53 UTC 2007

Quoting "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists at infosecurity.ch>:

> Provide a *huge* amount of actions and selections that can be done and
> most of them and in double copy.
>
> For example in the message.php "Delete" it's selectable from the bottom
> and from the top and this is, imho, useless.

If your training is in usability I'd very much like to hear more on
this. Otherwise you're welcome to your opinion but most users get
annoyed when they have to scroll back up to the top of a page just to
see the action links.

> Another example is the description of icons provided on the bottom in
> the mailbox.php. What can i do if i want to remove them without breaking
> too much horde/imp?

That one is a configuration setting.

> So basically the question is how to customize the horde/imp removing
> elements from the user interfaces of the webmail that i consider too
> much rich?

For local hacks you can just modify the templates. Things that you
think would improve the usability of Horde in general should be
submitted to bugs.horde.org, ideally as patches, but enhancement
requests are fine.

-chuck