[horde] Horde imp Webmail user Login Fails with Error [login failed]

Pat Taylor gowireless at giganetwireless.com
Wed Jul 25 18:38:03 UTC 2007

IMP: H3 (4.1.4)
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Apache Version: 2.2.4
OS: FC6

I have had an issue going on for some time now regarding users NOT being able to
log onto Horde imp [webmail].

No matter the user, when one attempts to logon with correct credentials he/she
is directed straight back to the login screen.

When I run 'test.php'I receive no immediate errors.
After running 'PHP Mail Server Support Test' I see that a certificate error has
occurred, I am assuming that is my primary problem for login. I'm just unsure
how exactly to resolve the issue???

PHP Mail Server Support Test
Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters for your
server:

    * Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 143:

          SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

    * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

Certificate failure for mail.giganetwireless.com: self signed certificate:
/C=US/ST=NY/L=New York/O=Courier Mail Server/OU=Automatically-generated
IMAP SSL key/CN=localhost/emailAddress=postmaster at example.com

    * Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:

          SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

    * Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 143:

          SUCCESS - INBOX has 0 messages (0 new 0 recent)

The following configurations were successful and may be used in your
imp/config/servers.php file:

    Configuration 1

'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com'
'protocol' => 'imap/notls'
'port' => '143'

    Configuration 2

'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com'
'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert'
'port' => '993'

    Configuration 3

'server' => 'mail.giganetwireless.com'
'protocol' => 'imap/tls/novalidate-cert'
'port' => '143'

The following IMAP server information was discovered from the remote server:

    Namespace Information

NAMESPACE: "INBOX."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: personal

NAMESPACE: "#shared."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: shared

NAMESPACE: "shared."
DELIMITER: .
TYPE: shared

    IMAP CHILDREN support:

SUPPORTED

    IMAP Charset Search Support:

Server supports searching with the UTF-8 character set.