[horde] Memcached going flakey?

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Wed Aug 8 16:26:07 UTC 2007

Has anyone noticed memcached spontaneously going weird?  We were
running fine for a long time (running the latest stable horde & imp
releases) but suddenly we're getting flooded with complaints from
users who are suffering from a multitude of problems:

- users having to attempt to log in 3-4 times before getting in, each
time getting kicked back to the login screen with no explanation
- "requested message not found" errors popping up randomly
- clicking on messages in one folder  results in the user being
deposited back in the last folder they were in

These seem to me to be session-related.  I'd like to reboot my
memcached servers but I don't want to nuke all the sessions.  Is
there a way to determine which server is having problems without
having to just kick all 4 of them?

Thanks!

Kevin