[horde] Fwd: Re: Re: Automatic kolab resource creation and some other questions

Mark Richardson mark at wire-solutions.nl
Sun Aug 12 21:38:35 UTC 2007

  Thank you for your reply, I've installed the CVS version so you know what code I am running..

  BTW I see in your annotation example you are from pardus.de I think I am running your (company's ?) ebuilds on gentoo, well except for the horde code now since I am on CVS :-)

  Some quotes below, thank you for your time !

  Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <post at gunnarwrobel.de>:

> Hi Mark!
>
> I am not certain which version of Horde you are currently using with
> Kolab. There has been a lot of changes that improved Kolab support
> within Horde during the last months which are only available if you
> are using Horde CVS or the recent Horde 3.2 Alpha release.

> I'll answer based on the newest version but this might not apply if
> you use an older version.
>
> Mark Richardson <mark at wire-solutions.nl> writes:
>
>>    I've been playing with the kolab backend, took me a while to
>> figure out how the addressbook for example is to be called on
>> creation ( Contacts ).
>
> This seems incorrect. The addressbooks should be identified by a
> specific IMAP annotation.
>
> # /kolab/bin/cyradm -user manager localhost
> # info user/test3/Adressen at pardus.de
> {user/test3/Adressen at pardus.de}:
>   folder-type: contact.default
>
> "folder-type: contact" marks a normal contact folder and the
> ".default" suffix marks the current default folder.
>
>>   Creating these folders via cyradm does not work, is there some way
>>   I can create these resources ( Contacts, Tasks, Calendar, Notes )
>>   via some hook / command for each user so they don't have to
>>   manually do that when they enter a new account ?
>
> You should be able to add new addressbooks within Horde using the
> standard addressbook management page.

  I was hoping that I can create the folders via a hook when they are not there or something so everyone will have the folders by default..

>>   Also noticed that when user A shares an resource to user B, the
>>   user B is unable to access his own resource, but only the shared
>>   (by A) resource.
>
> Hm, strange. This is not the case for me on the newest version.

  This is again verified by me with the CVS version, I hope you can help me to sort this

>>   Other than that all seems to work pretty well, users can't be
>> listed in my setup though, is this an configuration error from my
>> part ? it says: "Listing users is disabled.
>>
>>   Your authentication backend does not support listing users, or the
>>   feature has been disabled for some other reason."
>
> The Kolab backend should support listing users since the underlying
> ldap backend does. I did not check in detail though.

  Do you have any clue as to where this might go wrong ?
Should I configure an ldap backend for groups or something ?

----- End forwarded message -----