[horde] Ambiguous "Welcome," header

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:00:10 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com>:
>
> > This removes the @ and replaces it with "on" to imply only that this
> > is where the imap login is connected.  I'd think it might be a
> > better default?
> > It would be more rare to have an email address which includes the
> > actual server name.
>
> No, this is not a good default because the file you are modifying is
> completely independent from IMP.

I was probably ambiguous.  I meant a default display for the H1 banner on
the portal page of webmail.  It avoids confusion of what a person's
email address is.  I don't mean for it to replace $fullname, just what
shows up inside the H1 with the default of the full name not being known.

In general I'd think most people do use an email address
which does not contain the name of the server where their mail is stored.
This is really a different issue (which I'm not addressing in my hack)
where I'm just suggesting horde webmail could be possibly default
to the domain address as their identity.

The provided config override works fine, but it would not be needed
if horde just defaulted to the domain as the identity.

--Donald