[horde] Hosting Horde modules on a Shared Hosing account

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Aug 18 15:59:37 UTC 2007

Quoting Sean <smm18951 at yahoo.com>:

> I have been using a piece of php software for webmail that just
> stinks.  I have been interested in using Horde for a few monthes
> now, and I am finally ready to give it a shot.  My problem is that I
> can not afford a dedicated hosting plan. I am currently hosting with
> Godaddy, but I can switch if need be.  My question is, has anyone
> got the horde modules to work on a shared hosting account anywhere
> and if so, what was the hosting provider?

I don't have a specific answer for you, but yes, this is certainly
possible. The easiest way to see if it'll work for you is probably to
uncompress a copy of the base Horde tarball and run the test.php file
from your web browser. It'll tell you what PHP and PEAR
libraries/extensions are present and what's missing.

-chuck