[horde] Authentication question

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Aug 26 18:02:29 UTC 2007

Zitat von DEVEL STAROSTA <devel at starosta.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> This is my first post, sorry for my english;)
>
> I'm very entusiast of horde project (pretty, simple, great work). I've
> tryied to install on my Gentoo box directly from source aprox. 10 times
> but still have some problems:
> - I want login with administrative privileges to add/modify users but
> with IMP auth can't do this
> - If I switch to horde authentication I see screen:
>    "horde does not provide an authenticate() method"
>
> I can't understand how I can to login with administrative privileges in
> order to make all modifications & after login with unprivileged users to
> read mail, add appointments ecc.

Horde is not/does not contain a mail server administration tool. That
being said, there are some options to manage your mail server's users
through Horde, e.g. with the SQL backends or an IMP or IMAP backend
using Cyrus. But you should know you way through your system pretty
well to use one of these.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/