[horde] Horde Implementation Going South

Dave Cunningham dcunningham at meccorp.mec.edu
Wed Sep 5 17:59:11 UTC 2007

ok... will try that.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org on behalf of Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães
Sent: Wed 9/5/2007 1:20 PM
To: Horde ML
Subject: Re: [horde] Horde Implementation Going South

Dave Cunningham escreveu:

> 2.) MYSQL - We have mysql running on a separate server of the same specs.  It frequently uses 100% of BOTH cpus in what appears, by using myTop, to be a bunch of Join statements on the horde_datatree table. Switching to InnoDB seemed to make it faster at first.  But, as the number of sessions increased, all performance increases were lost and perhaps made worse.  I also tried upgrading mysql from the stock RHEL4 version 4 rpm to the V5 RPM from mysql.org.  There was no noticeable difference there.

    Are you sure your tables have the needed indexes for your complex
queries ? I have seen several MySQL falling with high loads and killing
everything else that depends on it because of some miserable missing

    Try running your queries, in mysql client command line, using
DESCRIBE before the SELECT .... and watch if mysql is using indexes,
doing linear scan on the table, etc etc

describe select .... from ... where .....;

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes at solutti.com.br