[horde] Horde Implementation Going South

Patrick Boutilier boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca
Wed Sep 5 21:04:47 UTC 2007

Dave Cunningham wrote:
> Sadly, we do not the sharing features.  Although, with the way things are going, I may take your advice and disable this feature temporarily until we can come up with a better solution.
>
> Someone else had mentioned 3.2.x.  But, sadly, we have just implemented this version and 3.2.x includes many visual and functional differences that would make it hard to upgrade.  So, we're hoping we can fix the issues we have with 3.1.4.
>
> Thanks for the tip.

Dave,

Do you notice that when a user first logs in and doesn't have any
datatree entires yet that there is noticeable pause (was around 30
seconds in our case) between the time "Log in" is clicked on the login
page to when the Horde portal finally comes up?

If so you will probably find these three files of use. We took the
relevant parts from CVS at the time (January 2007) and adapted them to
work with Horde 3.x . null.php replaces
horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/null.php , sql.php replaces
horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php and DataTree.php replaces
horde/lib/Horde/DataTree.php

ftp://ftp.ednet.ns.ca/pub/its/HORDE/Datatree