[horde] Mysql Still Pinning

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Sep 10 17:15:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Dave Cunningham wrote:

> Wowa,
>
> Another Monday, another new week.
>
> 1200 Sessions in /dev/shm, 2 quad-core xeon CPUs in operation now...
>
> And mysql showing 700-800% utilization in top!
>
> I have decided that I had to disabled datatree's until I figure this
> out.  Unfortunately, all sharing is thus broken, as are a few additional
> features such as creating your own additional address books.  I'm not
> sure why that happens.  However, with datatree's set to 'none', CPU load
> is down to 50-150%...
>
> For some reason I am not receiving any answers from those who have
> posted alternative datatree.php and sql.php horde framework scripts, so
> anyone who can help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Dave

Sorry Dave, I didn't see any new messages from you.  Have you implemented
the patch I sent you which rewrites the way the Datatree handles JOINs
with OR clauses?  That fix made a substantial improvement here.

However, this may just be a matter of scale.  With the current memcache
session handler I don't have a way of knowing how many simultaneous
sessions I have active.  Based on historical data from before memcache, I
would guess we have somewhere between 500 and 1000 sessions.

 	Andy