[horde] IMP Delete attachments

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Sep 10 18:04:16 UTC 2007

    (Can you tell I'm running my horde/IMP installation through its paces?)

    Next quirk: when someone downloads an attachment, the sender
receives a notification that someone downloaded it and they also have
the option to click on a link to permanently remove the attachment from
the VFS.

    Question: if the user doesn't delete the attachment, will it
eventually expire and get removed by the system (somehow)?

    Notes: when a file gets removed from the VFS (through the above
mentioned link), I noticed it will remove the physical file, but not the
folder it was in.  So looking in this user's file system, I see:

#> tree
.
|-- 1189446180
|    |-- Kirchner Bldr V school homes up to 350000.pdf
|    `-- Kirchner Bldr V school homes up to 350000.pdf.notify
`-- 1189446398

    Notice how -398 is empty - the sender removed that attachment by
clicking on the link he got in his notification.  is there any
particular reason why the folder remains, and will those get purged at
some point as well?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.