[horde] Set user's e-mail address

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Sep 14 16:27:48 UTC 2007

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> It is only "too late" if the user has actively saved something else to
> the database. Even then you can delete their data if it's wrong, of
> course.

    The information I found on the Wiki was to use postauthenticate to
fill in the proper fields.  However, as it's written, it only does it if
the user has not entered anything yet - which in most cases is okay by
me.  It's those that do it wrong, those are the ones that need fixing.
However, I have a slightly bigger issue to deal with:

    My user accounts are NOT on the same server that Horde/IMP is
running on, which means I can't get a user's full name from the GECOS
field in passwd - they don't exist.  I also don't use LDAP, so I'm
pretty much SOL there I think.  For now all I'm setting is their From:
address and not bothering with the fullname.  Is there a way to fetch
the data from a remote server (not using LDAP)?  What about using NIS+?
That, we do run around here...a NIS+ server.  Anyone done that?

    -- A

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.