[horde] Recovering addressbooks

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Sep 27 03:22:30 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:
> restore into another machine that doesn't have mysql running anything at
> all (first you have to install mysql-server on that machine).
>
> Then you can dump individual tables from that system and import them on
> your new server

    I did something similar, but on the same machine.  I just created a
dummy DB and dumped everything back in, then extracted turba_objects.  I
applied the 1.2 to 2.0 conversion sql script, however I noticed it only
added the necessary columns, it didn't re-arrange them to what the
current version is.  I had to manually do that.  If you look at a 1.2
table for turba_objects, object_type is listed towards the bottom of the
CREATE TABLE statement, however in a 2.0 version it's the third column.
The columns don't match and thus importing will just beak things - trust
me, I did it.

    After manually applying the ALTER TABLE statements and reorganizing
the columns in the old (v1.2) table, I was able to import them back into
the current (2.0) version and everything worked fine.

    -- A