[horde] Fw: [imp] Problem with system not saving user preferences

Andrew Kenna akenna at optusnet.com.au
Wed Oct 31 11:03:04 UTC 2007

I look after a server that is of the following specifications

 Apache Version : - 2.2.4
 PHP Version : - 5.2.3
 Horde Version : - 3.1.4
 IMP Version : - 4.1.4
 Gollem Version 1.0
 Passwd Version : - 3.0.1
 Turba Version : - 2.1.4
 MySql Version : - 5.0.27
 SMTP Server:  Postfix

Horde is installed into the horde database in mysql
the user preferences is pointed to the table horde_prefs in the horde
database

The username i'm using for the user preferences is the same username that
i'm using for horde so its got no issues with permissions within mysql i
would imagine.

This server hosts over 200 email accounts for various customers.

I have since figured out I need to enable the preferences backend which i've
setup in the conf.php file and pointed to the correct database and table...

Now whenever a user creates a default profile, it becomes the default for
all users and horde is not allowing my users to create their own profiles
based on their username its consistantly changing the one profile for all
users.

I'm more than willing to post excerpts from config files in here if it will
assist people in giving me advise on where to go with this problem

I'm getting desperate now as i've run out of options totally.

Thanks

Andrew