[horde] horde_datatree and changing usernames

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at ctinetworks.com
Thu Nov 1 13:04:13 UTC 2007

CJ Kucera wrote:

> Occasionally on our system, we have need to change a username, and when
> we do so, we'd like to automatically move over that user's addressbook
> and Horde preferences, etc.  The process is quite simple, it looks like
> we basically just need to update the following fields in the following
> tables:

Have you considered using hooks?  I have been playing with
_username_hook_frombackend and _username_hook_tobackend.  The former
maps the user-provided login credentials to something horde can use
internally, that does not change as the username does.  The latter maps
the horde-internal id back to something meaningful to the end-user.  At
least, this is my understanding.

My results have been very good, as far as not losing end-user data when
the username changes.  However, there are other problems, as indicated
in http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=5844 .  If others can replicate my
issues in different environments, maybe we can figure out what's going on.

Leland
--
Leland Steinke
Network Engineer