[horde] DOM Support Missing

Jeff Denham jeff at tgmag.ca
Thu Nov 15 15:53:11 UTC 2007

As you can see from the output of the test script, I appear to have a
compatible PHP setup.. however,  "setup.php"  is telling me this:

A fatal error has occurred

DOM support not present.

Details have been logged for the administrator.

Two questions for the list..

1) where exactly did those details get logged?

2) any thoughts about why this error is coming up?

I have this sinking feeling that I am missing something really simple..
I've been installing and configuring various webmail/groupware apps for 2
days now trying to put together useable demonstration(s) for my users to
pick from, I'm a bit braindead at the moment.

Environment Details:

OS: Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.2

PHP (5.1.6) Config:  './configure'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-xml' '--with-curl'
'--with-zlib' '--with-libxml' '--with-iconv'
'--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-dom' '--with-gettext'

Output of "test.php":

Horde Version
	•	Horde: 3.1.5
Horde Applications
	•	Horde: 3.1.5
	•	Imp: H3 (4.1.5) (run Imp tests)
	•	Ingo: H3 (1.1.4) (run Ingo tests)
	•	Kronolith: H3 (2.1.6)
	•	Mnemo: H3 (2.1.1)
	•	Nag: H3 (2.1.3)
	•	Turba: H3 (2.1.5) (run Turba tests)
PHP Version
	•	View phpinfo() screen
	•	View loaded extensions
	•	PHP Version: 5.1.6
	•	PHP Major Version: 5.1
	•	PHP Minor Version: 6
	•	PHP Version Classification: release
	•	You are running a supported version of PHP.
PHP Module Capabilities
	•	Ctype Support: Yes
	•	DOM XML Support: Yes
	•	FTP Support: No
	•	GD Support: No
	•	Gettext Support: Yes
	•	Iconv Support: Yes
	•	IMAP Support: No
	•	LDAP Support: No
	•	Mbstring Support: NoIf you want to take full advantage of Horde's
localization features and character set support, you will need the
mbstring extension.
	•	Mcrypt Support: NoMcrypt is a general-purpose cryptography library
which is broader and significantly more efficient (FASTER!) than PHP's own
cryptographic code and will provider faster logins.
	•	MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): NoThe fileinfo PECL module or the
mime_magic PHP extension (see below) will most likely provide faster MIME
Magic lookups than the built-in Horde PHP magic code. See
horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
	•	memcached Support (memcache): NoThe memcache PECL module is needed only
if you are using the memcached SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for
information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
	•	MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): NoThe fileinfo PECL module (see above)
or the mime_magic PHP extension will most likely provide faster MIME Magic
lookups than the built-in Horde PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for
information on how to install PECL/PHP extensions.
	•	MySQL Support: Yes
	•	OpenSSL Support: No
	•	PostgreSQL Support: No
	•	Session Support: Yes
	•	XML Support: Yes
	•	Zlib Support: Yes
Miscellaneous PHP Settings
	•	magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes
	•	safe_mode disabled: Yes
	•	session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes
	•	session.auto_start disabled: Yes
	•	zlib.output_compression disabled: Yes
	•	zend_accelerator.compress_all disabled: Yes
	•	memory_limit disabled: Yes
File Uploads
	•	file_uploads enabled: Yes
	•	upload_max_filesize: 2M
	•	post_max_size: 8M
Required Horde Configuration Files
	•	config/conf.php: Yes
	•	config/mime_drivers.php: Yes
	•	config/nls.php: Yes
	•	config/prefs.php: Yes
	•	config/registry.php: Yes
PHP Sessions
	•	Session counter: 3
	•	To unregister the session: click here
PEAR
	•	PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
 /pub_http/horde/lib:/pub_http/horde/lib/../pear
	•	PEAR: Yes
	•	Recent PEAR: Yes
	•	Mail: Yes
	•	Mail_Mime: Yes