[horde] Resources requirement

Listaccount lst_hoe01 at kwsoft.de
Fri Nov 16 09:57:51 UTC 2007

Zitat von John Masters <johnmasters at oxtedonline.net>:

> I am looking to install Horde/Imp on a VPS (Xen based). The projected
> usage is 50 - 100 users with possibly 30% online at the same time. I
> have been testing Horde on a Debian Etch system running on a VPS with
> 512MB Swap and 256MB Memory. Fine for one user but what are the
> realistic requirements for my projected use?
>
> Thanks in advance for any comments.

There is a "PERFORMANCE" readme in the docs directory of horde. What
we have used to get it work even on small hardware :

- Use a PHP accelerator. We use the APC-Cache
(http://pecl.php.net/package/APC) because this one was the only
without problems if you use the open_basedir restriction and Horde
- Use PHP with mcrypt support complied in
- Be sure to disable settings in the preferences which are marked as
"can be performance killer"
- Use a fast IMAP Server

With this we got it running on the smallest available VPS for 20-30 Users.

Regards

Andreas