[horde] Horde Webmail mangles web link with query arguments - Why ?

mark david mcCreary mdm at internet-tools.com
Fri Dec 7 00:49:52 UTC 2007

I am not a Horde user, but I do send mailing list messages to some
people that use Horde webmail.

I send out a link at the bottom of mailing list messages for people to
unsubscribe by clicking.  As you can see, it contains their list name
(Elvis in this case) and email address.

To unsubscribe, click on the following web page.
http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?ln=elvis&nm=mdm@internet-tools.com

When received at Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc, and received at all
regular email readers, the link is blue and clickable.

I am gettting reports from a Horde user that his unsubscribe link is
mangled, while other links in the email are fine.

His unsubscribe link looks like this

To unsubscribe, click on the following web page.
nm=mdm at internet-tools.com" target="_blank">http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?
ln=elvis&nm=mdm at internet-tools.com

So it's doubling up the nm argument, putting it at the beginning, and
throwing in target=_blank

Why is Horde mangling the link to the cgi script ?

Is there something I can do to stop this, like change the name of my
script arguments ?

Thanks for any insights.

mark