[horde] Horde and Kola questions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Dec 26 18:20:10 UTC 2007

Zitat von Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:

> Hi.
>
> I currently run horde with imp, kronolith, turba etc in combination
> with courier-imap, sendmail, openLDAP and mysql running on another
> server.
>
> I was looking at ways top open horde a bit and work in cooperation
> with other services (outlook in particular) and looked a Kolab.
>
> Will Kolab allows me to do this ? Or can I do things such as share
> calendars, address book between Horde and Outlook and a PocketPC
> without needing Kolab?
>

> Now I see that Kolab runs with OpenLDAP (which I already have
> running), Postfix, Cyrus IMAP etc...
>
> Do I must install such program or can I keep my existing servers
> without having to change everything?  and only pick the element of
> Kolab I don't already have.
>
> I don't see the point on installing postfix or Cyrus as I already have
> a working email solution nor do I want to install OpenLDAP again.

You have several options. You can either install Kolab and use an
Outlook-Kolab-connector like Toltec, but the you need to indeed
install the whole Kolab package. Though there are some distributions
that provide Kolab on top of the existing servers, instead of as a
replacement.
Alternatively you can use SyncML connectors for Outlook and
synchronize directly with Horde, but that's not an instant client
access to Horde data.

You better ask on the Kolab mailing list though.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/