[horde] Passwd Module

Terry Sposato tezza at sucked-in.com
Wed Dec 26 22:39:46 UTC 2007

> Zitat von Terry Sposato <tezza at sucked-in.com>:
>
>> I recently installed the passwd module and wanted to know if there is
>> a way to integrate it into my current mail setup. I am using postfix
>> with a mysql virtual style setup. The passwords are stored in the
>> mysql database encrypted. Is there a way to enable passwd to deal with
>> this or would I need to do custom modifications to plug it in properly?
>
> Sure.
>
> Jan.

Hi Jan,

I have tried all the encryption methods listed in
passwd/config/backends.php and they all fail with the same incorrect
password error. I look in the mysql logs and see the queries get
successfully made but obviously there is some sort of incompatibilty
between the encryption method used to store the passwords in my mysql
database and the horde passwd encryption methods. As far as I can tell
I am using the standard FreeBSD crypt to store passwords. In
postfixadmin this works fine using their md5-crypt encryption method.
I am not sure if this correlates to anything that passwd provides. The
encrypted password in my database is stores in the form of
'$1$dfe5d8a2$4UvAhXz3gjbre5aVv8hVS0'.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I was thinking even if
there is a way of not checking the password and just purely changing
it might be a work around. But then it comes back to the same problem
whether horde has the ability to store the passwords in the same way
as to not break postfixadmin, courier, postfix etc.

Thanks.

> http://horde.org/consulting/

Regards,

Terry Sposato