[horde] Removing users from Horde database

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Mon Jan 14 00:21:36 UTC 2008

At one time I had posted a script to the wiki for cleaning out Horde
database files after deleting users.
I don't see it there any more
Let me know if you would like a copy

Bill

--
Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

Quoting Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas at solutti.com.br>:

> Josh Webb escreveu:
>> I just set up Horde, with Imp and a few other modules. User
>> authentication is being done by Imp, which is authenticating to our
>>  IMAP server. It works. What concerns me is that when I delete a
>> user from the mail server, Horde has no way to know that the user
>> was deleted, so the users preferences, address books, etc. stay in
>> the Horde database. So, my question is, how do I remove users from
>> the horde database? I have phpMyAdmin, so I can search for and
>> delete the records relating to a user, but will that break
>> anything? Is there a better way? This setup is at a school. So,
>> yearly, there will be hundreds of accounts that will need to be
>> removed.
>>

>    I think the easiest way is have your account admin interface to
> connect to horde database and delete records from the tables
> filtering by the uid which will be your being-deleted user
> account/email address.
>
>    Deleting users from your users database and then, later, try to
> make horde databases 'clean' enough seems the most difficult option
> to me.
>
> --
>

> 	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
> 	Leonardo Rodrigues
> 	Solutti Tecnologia
> 	http://www.solutti.com.br
>
> 	Minha armadilha de SPAM, NÃO mandem email
> 	gertrudes at solutti.com.br
> 	My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is confidential and may
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
have received the message in error, then delete it. Thank you.