[horde] Active Directory - Kronolith Calendar Group Permissions

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Jan 18 16:16:37 UTC 2008

Mike Peachey wrote:

>> The complex, but perfect, solution would be to write into the code extra
>> AD support, and possibly a checkbox on the config page for "Are groups
>> in an AD server" that would, instead of searching for groups on a user
>> filter, search for memberOf within the current user.

Update:

I've managed to temporarily solve the problem by adding a third
parameter to getGroupMemberships():

$userDN = false

This way, iff you pass a DN as a third param, the DN is used to lookup
group membership instead of the uid passed as the first parameter. Then,
in services/shares/edit.php, where getGroupMemberships is called,
because there is a user object there stored in $auth, I can call
$auth->_findDN(Auth::getAuth()) and pass it as a third parameter.

The problem here is that this is a complete mess and difficult to
sustain across the upgrade path.

I'm taking this (one-man) discussion to the dev list.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com