[horde] ldap groups

Julien Gribonvald julien.gribonvald at recia.fr
Fri Jan 25 13:36:48 UTC 2008

Hello,

Firstly sorry for my bad english, i hope you will understand all i will
try to ask and explain ;)

So I'm new with Horde and I would like to have some examples or
explanations on about to do with Horde groups.

My objectiv would be to use LDAP groups in an existing LDAP schema, but
without to add or manage groups in Horde panel administration, also i
don't want to use the Horde LDAP schema.

For more explanations I'm working with horde 3.1.6 with CAS from ESUP,
and i'm trying to integrate it on a portail (nearly all done). But i
have the groups problem remaining.
All group existing are saved in the LDAP connected with the portal, so i
would like to use these groups in Horde, it's more like an import at
each connection of a user.

On an other hand I succeded to create contact books depending on groups,
but this is different for the group administration, I would like only to
have my groups tree (from LDAP) seen on Horde and to use it, with e-mail
allias for groups as exemple. Even more for futur like using groups for
rights. I seen there are groups right limititation on the hooks
configuration, but this is only for the imap authentication and to limit
access.

Also i would like to know if this configurtion or an other could works
to share calendar with a group...

Thanks in advance for any response and support.

Julien G.