[horde] How to "auto login" to IMP when authenticating using SQL?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Feb 20 08:04:25 UTC 2008

Bjørn T Johansen schreef:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:38:37 -0500
> Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>
> Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> | Is it possible to bypass the extra login page for IMP when using SQL
> as the authentication for Horde?
> |

> | Regards,
> |
> | BTJ
> |

> Yes, by reading imp/config/servers.php and setting the hordeauth
> parameter to true.
>

> Horde tries to login to my imap server but it fails... Is this because
> the passwords in the database are encrypted? (I see that
> horde tries to get the password from the database...)

Horde gets the password from the login and checks it against the
authentication-mechanism what you have choosen.

If you are using IMP for authentication, IMP will use IMAP (or POP3) to
authenticate to the server, just like any mail-client. You can find the
configuration in the file servers.php in the IMP4 configuration.
On my system this is /etc/horde/imp4/servers.php.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/