[horde] Horde Authentication Not Working for Admin or Regular Users

Lead Tech socalchronic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 05:16:41 UTC 2008

Hi, I just got horde installed, I get a login screen and everything, the
problem is when I try to log in as the administrator user that I set up, as
well as any other user, the page just refreshes and does nothing at all, no
errors, no nothing - just blank login/password prompt like I started with.
Logging in with a bogus user, however, returns Login Invalid. I am stuck
here I have no idea what to do to fix this problem so I am posting to this
mailing list.

Here's the output of test.php:

Horde Version

   - Horde: 3.1.6

Horde Applications

   - Horde: 3.1.6
   - Imp: H3 (4.1.6) (run Imp
tests<http://www.gomy.com/imp/test.php?PHPSESSID=464c4e8b42af9dfc2624aa9e8ea73f34>
   )
   - Ingo: H3 (1.1.5) (run Ingo
tests<http://www.gomy.com/ingo/test.php?PHPSESSID=464c4e8b42af9dfc2624aa9e8ea73f34>
   )
   - Kronolith: H3 (2.1.7)
   - Mnemo: H3 (2.1.2)
   - Nag: H3 (2.1.4)
   - Turba: H3 (2.1.7) (run Turba
tests<http://www.gomy.com/turba/test.php?PHPSESSID=464c4e8b42af9dfc2624aa9e8ea73f34>
   )

PHP Version

   - View phpinfo()
screen<http://www.gomy.com/test.php?mode=phpinfo&url=%2Ftest.php&PHPSESSID=464c4e8b42af9dfc2624aa9e8ea73f34>
   - View loaded
extensions<http://www.gomy.com/test.php?mode=extensions&url=%2Ftest.php&PHPSESSID=464c4e8b42af9dfc2624aa9e8ea73f34>
   - PHP Version: 5.2.3
   - PHP Major Version: 5.2
   - PHP Minor Version: 3
   - PHP Version Classification: release
   - *You are running a supported version of PHP.*

PHP Module Capabilities

   - Ctype Support: *Yes*
   - DOM XML Support: *Yes*
   - FTP Support: *Yes*
   - GD Support: *Yes*
   - Gettext Support: *Yes*
   - Iconv Support: *Yes*
   - IMAP Support: *Yes*
   - LDAP Support: *Yes*
   - Mbstring Support: *Yes*
   - Mcrypt Support: *Yes*
   - MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): *No*
   *The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below)
   will most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde
   PHP magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
   PECL/PHP extensions.*
   - memcached Support (memcache): *No*
   *The memcache PECL module is needed only if you are using the
   memcached SessionHandler. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to
   install PECL/PHP extensions.*
   - MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): *Yes*
   - MySQL Support: *Yes*
   - OpenSSL Support: *Yes*
   - PostgreSQL Support: *Yes*
   - Session Support: *Yes*
   - XML Support: *Yes*
   - Zlib Support: *Yes*

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

   - magic_quotes_runtime disabled: *Yes*
   - safe_mode disabled: *Yes*
   - session.use_trans_sid disabled: *No*
   *Horde will work with session.use_trans_sid turned on, but you may see
   double session-ids in your URLs, and if the session name in
php.inidiffers from the session name configured in Horde, you may get
two session
   ids and see other odd behavior. The URL-rewriting that use_trans_sid does
   also tends to break XHTML compliance. In short, you should really disable
   this.*
   - session.auto_start disabled: *Yes*
   - zlib.output_compression disabled: *Yes*
   - zend_accelerator.compress_all disabled: *Yes*
   - memory_limit value: 10000000000MB
   *If PHP's internal memory limit is not set high enough Horde will not
   be able to handle large data items (e.g. large mail attachments in
   IMP). You should set the value of memory_limit in php.ini to a
   sufficiently high value - at least 64M is recommended.*

File Uploads

   - file_uploads enabled: *Yes*
   - upload_max_filesize: 50M
   - post_max_size: 8M

Required Horde Configuration Files

   - config/conf.php: *Yes*
   - config/mime_drivers.php: *Yes*
   - config/nls.php: *Yes*
   - config/prefs.php: *Yes*
   - config/registry.php: *Yes*

PHP Sessions

   - Session counter: 1
   - To unregister the session: click
here<http://www.gomy.com/test.php?mode=unregister&PHPSESSID=464c4e8b42af9dfc2624aa9e8ea73f34>

PEAR

   - *PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path)*:
   /web/gomy/htdocs/lib:/web/gomy/htdocs/lib/../pear
   - PEAR: *Yes*
   - Recent PEAR: *Yes*
   - Mail: *Yes*
   - Mail_Mime: *Yes*